Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Starting is not easy

"Corpus omne perseverare in statu suo quiescendi vel movendi uni formiter in directum, nisi quatenus a viribus impressis cogitur statum illum mutare."

“Every body keeps it’s state of rest or motion on a straight line until and unless acted upon by an external force."

Isaac Newton, Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica, 1687

Such an old statement, almost as old as my last’s year promise to begin writing a blog. One year after, I’m on it and pretend on writing both in English and Spanish as much as I can.

The inertia on rest or motion must be broken somewhere and as Newton said, to do it one must apply some force, so even if the effort is quite old by now (this original words where written in Spanish more than a year ago!), I’ll apply once again a little resolution and after a long period of incubating the idea of starting in the world of blogs, I’m ready to publish my first “translation” of my Spanish blog.

I was not sure if every blog must start with some kind of statement of intentions, but I thought appropriate to write a couple of them; that way I'll be able to laugh a little (as I'm doing right now) reviewing it in the future and discovering how mistaken they were, or smiling with pleasure over the ones that come true:

  • "Reflections on the road" pretends to be the creative space in which I'll try to bring a broad set of themes of my interest; toss them to the void to discover common interests and discuss them with people to learn in the process.

  • As writing isn't an easy task and work just keeps on coming, I hope to be able to publish at least one time each month.

  • If any theme seems fit to more than a couple of publications, either because I have a personal or professional interest in it, maybe I'll write it in a specialized blog, after all, being so much time at work gives us some deeper knowledge on certain themes than the one available to the general public, and yet, it is always interesting to hear what the world has to say about it.

Besides, I can't run around as a tech geek and let one of the most impacting creative phenomena of modern times pass by.

The push is given, let's just hope that the applied force is just enough and as Newton states, the blog will keep it's constant state of movement for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment